Thursday, December 6, 2007

To you Bougainvillea




I wonder what took me so long to write about it. Its been the simplest thing i have ever fallen in love with. I would be standing at the doors, waiting for the train to move out of Thane station when i would glance at it, my eyes refusing to move. I would admire its unconditional bloom. It was generous, full, and unlooked after. It was, i concluded, the most beautiful thing adorning that ugly place. I spotted it later on road dividers on the eastern express highway, on the expressway on my way to Pune. I remember spotting it on my way to the British council library, right next to Starters and More, on the first floor balcony of a quaint building. That was the first time i saw it blooming within the confines of a clay pot. Unconditionally blooming even then!





Then came the realization that it came in myriad colors. Pink, light pink, orange, red, golden yellow, mango yellow, white, lemon yellow....and i still have not seen all its hues! I fall in love with it more and more each day, as i see it blooming without anyone tending to it, coming in colors unimaginable:) This is to you Bougainvillea. When i have a bigger place, i shall bring all of you together.......under one roof:) And ye shall bloom, unconditionally.
I imagine a bouquet, of Bougainvilleas, of all colors. I would sacrifice all the red roses in the world for a bouquet of Bougainvilleas:) Bloom!

2 comments:

Kartick Sitaraman said...

Given the title, if you'd ended the post with the first para, it would have been a perfectly rounded, simple and beautiful story.

Your love for the Bougainvillea is poetic. Of course, in love, every lover is a poet.

First post that I've started with on your blog, expect more comments from me soon.

P. Or Y. said...

I love them too. They remind me of the summers I spent as a child at a place that was still a village with the urbanization left far behind.

Have you seen the Lavenderish-magenta ones? Those are my favourite although I too, have yet to see all the colours.