Friday, December 14, 2007

This time. Last year.

Belongings of a quarter century, displaced!
To be moved to happier quarters, post –marriage kind!
I wondered how to pack!
Moving on with things, wedged in my mind!

In rare moments of precious aloneness,
I struggled to become clear.
All I could hear was “to-dos”
Memories and impressions I had to swing over.

Now, I go back to the “has-been” room.
To the room I feel isn’t warm.
Glowing hopes, blazing thoughts,
Me! All are gone!

I look around the unkempt house,
And the two people left there.
I found my place under my sun!
My room is stripped bare!
Dont worry home! M Basking in the sunshine :)
J








3 comments:

Kartick Sitaraman said...

I visualised the poem. Saw it frame by frame, with art design and effects. That's a tribute to the power of the words.

Was also reminded of 'A Place Where We Used To Live' by Mark Knopfler. It has a very similar quality, though in a different context.

Uptown Girl said...

Amazing thoughts... poetically put together... who says complex emotions can't be simply expressed! Nice work :).

Back to Dust said...

Hey J, That was a wonderfully put to words.....i can imagine ur state of mind when u wrote it!
Indeed, emotions need to flow be it in write's or talking's...keep writing !