Thursday, July 30, 2009

LA dee daa da DAKH

I am back from work! I am also back from Ladakh. But I am not back to who I used to be.

Not because I am done with my holiday.
Not because I went to work.
Not because I am home.
Not for these obvious reasons
but for those unknown!

The powerpoint for tomorrow's meeting looms! The futility of it even more! It was a sad coincidence that I could not be online today from work, just when I thought I should, I would and wished I could!

When I was in the mountains
I did not forget to remember,
To gaze at the night time skies
Gaze at the myriad falling stars
Lodging stardust in my eyes.

I did not forget to remember
To crane my neck until it hurt
At mountains sculpted by the winds
Indescribable in words!

I did. I did it to the fullest. Craned and strained. I am carrying sore memories in my neck.

I have a tan and a lot less hair. More stares. Less shackles. More questions. Lesser answers.

Stargazing is not my thing in act, it is in its idea.
I cannot tell constellations.
I cannot tell Venus.
I can tell the moon and that's more than enough!

It was cold and windy and I was clad in 4 layers of clothes while the sun burnt my nose. Nosequake!

Mountains are life rehabilitating. (Rehabilitation: The process of restoration of skills from an illness or injury so as to regain maximum self-sufficiency and function in a normal or as near normal manner as possible. For example, rehabilitation after a stroke may help the patient walk again and speak clearly again)

They REHABILITATE. They DETOX.
The pressure to stay clean is high.

I have Harry Potter to discover. And Terry Pratchett. I have discovered and lost myself in Madrid, Peter Gabriel and Patrick Watson. My mountain gifts from a fellow traveler! Thank you Jace.

I wish I had MORE things than PEOPLE to get lost in!
People do not provide enough ground to lose myself in.
The one's with depth come by rarely. I know that's the way it is. But why does it have to make itself HEARD!??!

If there is YUMMY Biryani waiting for me, what will help? Eating it first in order to feel good and THEN work on the crappy powerpoint presentation

OR

Getting done with the crappy powerpoint presentation FIRST and FAST knowing there is Biryani waiting?

Why am I so resistance dyslexic?

I love Biryani and hate powerpoint presentations.