Friday, June 20, 2008

भय इथले संपत नाही

AMAR, THANK YOU for the song (in bold ofcourse). For reminding me that it I loved it once, many years ago and for mailing it across! We often underestimate the power of a melody :) I had forgotten the effect this one had on me...I re-discovered it today :) And thank you for understanding the intricacies of its words...and helping me enjoy the song MORE, much MORE!



भय इथले संपत नाही
मज तुझी आठवयेते
मी संध्याकागाते
तू माला शिकवलेली गीते

I long for you and fear that my wait may not be ending anytime soon. I remember you in small things...your words, melodies! I sing your songs...as i long for you...and as i fear I will have to wait...long! Really long!

ते झरे चंद्र सजणआनचे
ती धरती भगवी माया
झाडानशी निजलो आपण
झाडात पुन्हा उगवाया

I yearn for you. In my yearning I imagine us in a place that is pure, free of obstacles. Pure and clear as a moonlit night. Pure like your love for me. We shall lie near clear melodious flowing streams which will remind me of your love. Lying on the warm earth, we will be embraced by verdant trees. In that embrace you and I shall fall asleep in much peace, only to open my eyes to find myself still held, still loved, still embraced! I will go through with you till the end, to die here and to be reborn again, like these trees that surround us. That is all i care about. I want to die, because i know i will be reborn here, embraced!

तो बोल मंद हळवासा
आयुष्य स्पर्शुनी गेला
सीतेच्या वनवासातील
जणऊ अंगी राघव
शेला


Your words and songs and melodies echo in me. A word can change a life's course and i have so many of yours. My life is full of your words, songs and melodies. Your words have given me light, love and warmth. I remember Seeta, in exile, covering herself with the warmth of Rama's thoughts! I cover myself during cold nights with yours my love!

स्तोत्रात इन्द्रीये अवघी
गुण गुणती दुक्ख कोणाचे
हे सरता संपत नाही
चाँदणे तुझ्या
समरणआच

I yearn for you with all of me, and all i have. My yearning and memories of you, refuse to die like this endless moonlit night.

भय इथले संपत नाही ......



कवी ग्रेस

7 comments:

Amar Ghaisas said...

Jammy ... you are most welcome ! All I did was to give you the song .. nothing beyond .. everything else has come from within you .. and that is something I really really appreciate highly .. its so nice to see someone with so much passion for the meaning of the song .. the message .. the art in it ... keep going .. and I hope that we bump into each other more often with more such wonderful things .. to be talked about .. to be shared .. and just to enjoy the fact that we both use the same "language" .. good to know you champ !

J said...

तो बोल मंद हळवासा
आयुष्य स्पर्शुनी गेला
सीतेच्या वनवासातील
जणऊ अंगी राघव शेला

Thats what this song means to me :)
Cheers to many more!

Abhishek said...

I haven't read a line in Marathi since my std XII. I am not very proud of it, but I didn't feel the need. But this post and the previous one elicited pleasant memories from school when we would "by heart" poems in Marathi for our oral exams... Here's my favourite -

Shraavanmasi harsha maanasi
Hiraval daate choheekade
Kshanaat yete sar sar shirve
Kshanaat phiruni uun pade...

Thanks! Keep writing. May be I'll surprise my mom by quoting verbatim a few of the lines from the two of your marathi posts!

J said...

Abhishek,

Shraavanmasi harsha maanasi
Hiraval daate choheekade
Kshanaat yete sar sar shirve
Kshanaat phiruni uun pade...

Zhaalasa suryasta vatato,
Saanj ahaaha to ughde.
Taru shikharawar,uncha gharawar
Pivle pivle oon pade

Varati baghta indradhanucha
Gof duheri vinlase,
Mangal toran kaay bandhle
Nabho mandapee kuni bhase

Balak mala udata bhase,
kalpasumanchi mal chite.
Utroon yeti awani wartee
Grahagolachki ek mate

dharmabum said...

nice! in the end, we have to walk alone though. or so i think.

J said...

Alone yes. Alone! Alone! TOTALLY...

Amar Ghaisas said...

Jamuna, truly .. those four lines are the best of the lot ... i can derive and feel the real meaning of it having completed the Ramayana series written by A.K. Banker, recently .. you should read it .. wonderfully crafted ..