Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WoRDs, HOmeStays and GliTter

I seem to be all over the place, arms outstretched.
It is raining words! Maybe not…
Words do not pour.
Nor do they fall down.
They float, on a meandering path
They gently wind down.
Snow snows, rain falls down, but I catch words that gently wind down!


There are so many I read, so many I hear…
They sometimes make a gentle popping sound.
After which opens up a bottle of rainbow soda!
Up come bubbles of psychedelic fizz
I thirstily gulp down.
Always!

Thane is always good.
We walked down the market street. We shopped.
We ate Rajmata Vada Pav and had Sitafal pot ice-cream.
We walked. We got tired.
We sweated. We laughed.
We stepped on each other’s toes. We frowned.
We saw Jogvaa I cannot write about.

A concrete road snaked
Under a canopy of two named trees
Could have been Gulmohar
Could have been Shirish…
Walking lightly against the gentle breeze
Like a bubble gliding in the wind
The falling yellow leaves
Was glitter at my feet…